Are you looking for how you can apply for Funza Lushaka Teaching Bursary? Well, that is why we are here to give you the detailed guidelines to help you with how you can apply for Lushaka Bursary Teaching.
Note: First of all, the application for the Funza Lushaka teaching bursary must be done online.
Also, recipients are required to teach at a public school they are assigned to. It is also good to acknowledge that, they cannot choose the school they are assigned since the assignment is according to priority.
Remember: It is also important to know that, bursary money allotted to recipients covers most of the necessary expenses which include tuition, accommodation, food, books and learning materials, and if possible, allowance for monthly living expenses.
Now that we have understood these basic benefits, let’s get to know who qualifies to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary Teaching.
READ ALSO: How To Apply Online To North-West University (NWU)
Qualification of Funza Lushaka Bursary:
Below are applicants who may or may not qualify for applying for Funza Lushaka Bursary Teaching. It is important to note that, once you fall under these, you are automatically disqualified for Funza Lushaka Bursary Teaching.
- Applicants who already have another teaching qualification do not qualify for Funza Lushaka Bursary.
- Employees of Higher Education institutions and their immediate families are not accepted
- Applicants who for some reason have criminal records, charged of misconduct or are dismissed from work are not qualified.
So, if you know you qualify for Funza Lushaka Bursary Teaching, it means you can continue from here and so, let’s see what you need to do to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Application
- Applying for Funza Lushaka Bursary is done only on online. This means no hardcopy document is accepted in the application process.
- Applicant must print out the completed online application forms. This is a MUST and and you don’t have to take chances. Just print the softcopy application when completed.
READ ALSO: How To Apply To South African National Defence Force (SANDF)
Types Of Funza Lushaka Bursary Qualification
There are two types of Funza Lushaka Bursary Qualification. These are Undergraduate Studies and Graduate Studies.
- Undergraduate Studies: This covers a 4-year Bachelor of Education degree (B Ed), specializing in the Foundation Phase (Grade R – 3), Intermediate Phase (Grade 4 – 6), Senior Phase (Grade 7 – 9), and FET Phase (Grade 10-12).
- Graduate Studies: This covers a One-year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Combined qualifications are also acceptable such as combining specialization in the Foundation Phase (Grade R – 3) and Intermediate Phase (Grade 4 – 6), or the Intermediate Phase and Senior Phase, or the Senior Phase (Grade 7 – 9) and FET Phase (Grade 10 –12).
However, there are also priority areas in the qualifications. These also are;
- The Foundation Phase: An example of this phase is Grades R-3 Foundation Phase (with a preference for African Languages)
- Intermediate and Senior Phase: Example for this phase is Grades 4-9. Preference will be given for a teaching major in TWO of the following courses:
- Natural Science and Technology
- FET phase Example is grade grades 10-12 Preference will be given for a teaching major in TWO of the following
READ ALSO: How To Track Funza Lushaka Application Status
- Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Technology
- Civil Technology
- Computer Applications Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Information Technology
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Technology
- Physical Sciences, Languages, Technical Mathematics, and Technical Science
Bursary Requirement And Eligibility
These are the requirement and what makes applicants eligible to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary . With this, we have categorized them to simplify for easy understanding. So, let’s see them below.
General Funza Lushaka Bursary Requirement and Eligibility
- South African Citizens.
- Applicants who want to complete a teaching degree or want to become teachers (Postgraduate Certificate in Education, and have already been accepted at an accredited public University.
- Applicants, who want to make a career change and become teachers, show dedication and passion for a professional career in teaching, display interest in working with young people, are ready to face and handle difficult challenges and have personal integrity.
- Applicants should have good academic performance.
- Spouses and Children of applicants of Higher Education Institution employees are not eligible.
- Two of the priority area subjects must be included as a specialization in the teaching qualification.
READ ALSO: Online Application To Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
First Time Entrants
These requirements are for applicants who are applying for Funza Lushaka Bursaries Programme for the first time ever.
- Applicants should show proof of admission to bachelor degree studies pass at matric/Grade 12 level.
- Applicants must have a minimum level 4 rating at matric level in the subject which the applicant will specialize to teach.
- Applicants must pass in Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy at Grade 12 level and a minimum level 4 pass in the Home Language, for students who intend to specialize in the Foundation Phase
- Applicants should have an average of at least 50% for students who have completed matric prior to 2008 when Mathematics was not compulsory
- Applicants must have at least a level 4 pass in Mathematics, for students who wish to specialize in the teaching of Technology subjects, including CAT, and who do not have these subjects at the matric level
New Applicants Who Are Already University Students
These requirements are specifically for applicants who want to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme but are already at the university.
- Applicants must pass all of the modules studied in the last/most recent year of study at the Higher Education Institution
- Applicants should have a minimum 55% average across all the modules studied in the last/most recent year of study at a Higher Education Institution
- Applicants must have a minimum 55% average in modules studied relevant to the priority area of teaching specialization in the last/most recent year of study at the university
Applicants Enrolling For PGCE
These requirements are for applicants who are will apply for Funza Lushakea Bursary Programme and will enroll in Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Applicants must have successful completion of a recognized qualification to be admitted for a PGCE
- Applicants must have majored in Psychology and an African Language for a PGCE in Foundation Phase Teaching
- Applicants must have at least two (2) recognized priority subjects at the second-year level
- Applicants must have adequate modules in the recognized priority subjects
READ ALSO: Apply To Walter Sisulu University (WSU)
Requirements for Existing Bursary Holders
These are requirements that applicants who want to enroll in Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme
- Bursary holders should pass at least two-thirds or 66.6% of all the subject modules studied in the last/most recent year of study at the university
- Existing Bursary holders should pass at least two-thirds of 66.6% of the priority subject area modules studied in the last/most recent year of study at the Higher Education Institution
- Bursary holders should pass the priority subject
- Applicants who are existing Bursary holders must be proceeding to the next level/year of study
- Existing Bursary holders must achieve at least 50% average across all subject modules
Now that we know the requirements for applying for Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme, let see how you can apply online and the application details needed for you to take note.
Remember: We have already stated that an online application is a must for Funza Lushaka Bursary.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Online Application (How To Apply)
- Visit eservices.gov.za
- Register for your online account with your personal information details as required in the registration process.
- Log into your created account with your username and password
- When you’re logged in, go to the e-Services menu and choose Funza Lushaka Bursary.
- Click on the Application menu, follow the steps and complete all the required fields with accurate information
- Accept the confirmation declaration and receive feedback on the status of the application through email.
Remember: Print the completed online application and submit to the university where you are accepted and admitted.
Note: Attach your application form with certified copies of your ID and your academic records.
- Attach your certified copy of Grade 12 result or certificate, for 1st-year students coming out of Grade 12
- Attach your Certified copy of the latest academic transcript, for students already at the university
- Necessary documents must be submitted to the applicant’s university coordinator otherwise, your application will be rejected.
Now let’s take notes of importance notices that will help in your Funza Lushaka Bursary application.
- Application and re-application for Re-applications for Existing/Returning Bursars close on 19 November 2020.
- Applications for the new applications close on 28 February 2021.
It is important to also know that, submitting an application after these applications’ closing date means your application is automatically rejected which means you will get the opportunity to enroll at Funza Lushaka Bursary.
These are all the necessary information that you should know about applying for the Funza Lushaka Bursary program.
For more personal inquiries, below are Funza Lushaka’s contact details.
Phone: 012 357 3000