In this article, we are breaking down the application process for admission at Walter Sisulu University (WSU). You are a step away to studying at WSU and all you need right now is to take time and go through both the online application and hardcopy paper-based application forms in this article.
So, let’s get straight to the point on knowing how to apply to WSU.
There are two ways applicants can apply to WSU. They are; online application and or, hardcopy paper application forms.
Remember: We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible and not wait until closing date of WSU application for admission.
Moreover, we advise applicants to use only one format of WSU application. Applicants should either use only online application forms to apply or hardcopy paper application forms. Under no circumstance should an applicant use both application formats to apply to WSU.
WSU Application Qualification Requirements.
We hold this in high esteem for applicants to note these simple and few but essential application qualification requirements. Applicants must have these requirements ready before they can complete application to WSU.
- Applicants will need an email address to complete the application. They should create one if they don’t have already.
- South African Students applicants will need a Senior Certificate or Senior National Certificate. International Student applicants will need an equivalent certificate to apply to WSU.
- South African Student applicants will need the Identity Card (ID Card). International Student applicants will need Passport Number.
Note: The Grade 11 or Grade 12 certificates are the Senior Certificate or the National Senior Certificate of South African Students.
Now that we know the basic requirements for WSU application, let’s see how to apply by WSU online application.
WSU Online Application
The WSU online application portal is for applicants who prefer to apply to WSU through online.
However, we advised applicants to make sure they are applying through the official Walter Sisulu University website.
Appling To WSU By Online Application
- Visit the Walter Sisulu University Online Application portal
- Read and understand the application instructions before filling the forms.
- Upload copies of all qualification requirements documents in a pdf format. (i.e certified copies of Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate.)
- Check and make necessary corrections of the information you have provided on the forms.
- Click on submit to send your application to WSU.
Note: Applicants will need to indicate which WSU campus they will want to apply to study on the application forms.
Let’s us now look into WSU hardcopy paper application forms
WSU Hardcopy Paper Application
Applicants can also apply to WSU by the traditional hardcopy application forms format.
Note: WSU hardcopy paper application qualification requirements are the same as that for WSU online application.
Apply To WSU By Hardcopy Paper Application
- Applicants will have to download the application forms from WSU website
- Applicants should read and understand the application instructions before filling the forms.
- Applicants should attach copies of all qualification requirement documents. These include Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate, ID card or Passport Number etc.
Submitting WSU Hardcopy Paper application
Applicants can submit application through WSU postal address.
Note: Applicants should make sure the postal address is that of WSU postal address.
We also entreat applicants to make sure their hardcopy paper application forms are up to number and have completed filing all needed information on the forms before submitting.
This is very important because, after submitting, applicants don’t have the chance to recall the application forms back to add or remove any information they already provided.
WSU Postal Address
Walter Sisulu University
WSU Application Fees
All WSU applicants, both South African Students and International students will have to pay a non-refundable application fee of R100.
Delay in submitting applicant will incur additional fee of R100 to make a total application fee of R200.
WSU Residence Accommodation
All applicants who want WSU on-campus residence accommodation can indicate on the application forms.
These are all that it takes to apply to Walter Sisulu University.
For personal enquiries on WSU application, applicants can contact WSU by the following contact details.
Admission & Application (Mthatha Campus)
Tel: 047 502 2443/8
Admission & Application (Butterworth Campus)
Tel 047 401 6000
Good Luck in your application!!!