In 2004, the University of KwaZulu-Natal was formed and it was formed after the merger of the University of Durban-Westville and the University of Natal.
As a top university, the University of Kwazulu-Natal has quite an overwhelming number of students on its campuses.
Due to its large number of students, it would practically be impossible for students to queue to access course materials, access school information, and others.
With this in mind, the university has put in place an online platform that student uses in their academic life making life extremely conducive for them.
The platform is known as the University of Kwazulu-Natal student central and in this article, we will be taking a look at how you can actually have access to the platform and use the platform with ease.
UKZN Student Central (What is it)
UKZN is the abbreviation for the University of KwaZulu-Natal. The university makes use of technology to serve its overwhelming number of students. One of the great technological ways that the University of Kwazulu-Natal uses to serve its student is an established mailbox.
Among the students, this mailbox is known as the University of Kwazulu-Natal student central. It is known as the student central because it is actually a central point that has a lot of communication features.
The mailbox offers users a free 25GB mailbox, and it also comes with a 25GB
online storage solution. In addition to the above, users of the platform get instant messaging tools that they can enjoy to make their lives absolutely better.
Some of the features of the platform include offering users a rich calendaring solution, offers users free use of office web apps, spam-free email, and others.
In short, the platform makes communication among students very easy, and it is no surprise that the university has urged students to make use of this tool.
UKZN Email (What is it)
As earlier mentioned, the University of Kwazulu-Natal student central has several communication tools. One such tool is the University of Kwazulu-Natal email. Well, you might be wondering what exactly is the University of Kwazulu-Natal email.
The University of Kwazulu-Natal email is just like other email messaging services, however, this service is exclusive to only students of the University of Kwazulu-Natal. The tool can be accessed on browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
The service gives users the opportunity to have access to their address book, calendar, and instant messaging, and it also has a mobile push email.
Before you can access the email, the first thing is to be a student of the University of Kwazulu- Natal. Have it in mind that the service uses outlook to serve its users.
Aside from being a student of the University of Kwazulu-Natal, you must also be logged into the system in order to access your emails. If you are looking forward to accessing your email using the University of Kwazulu-Natal student central, do the following;
- Visit the URL, https://my.ukzn.ac.za/
- Once the webpage loads, locate the ‘e-mail’ tab and click on it
- This will open another window where you will have information about the email service displayed
- Locate the ‘Learn More’ button and click on it
- Upon opening, locate the outlook URL and click on it for it open.
- Go ahead and type in your University of Kwazulu-Natal student email and your password in order to have access to the system. UKZN lan password The password that you use to access your University of Kwazulu-Natal email is known as your University of Kwazulu-Natal LAN password. This is given to you during your student registration process and before you can be able to use it to access your email, you must first change it. You can change the password using the Password Self-Service via the URL, https://federation.ukzn.ac.za/adfs/portal/updatepassword. Before you can update your password, you will need your University of Kwazulu-Natal email address, and the old password that you were given during the time of your student registration. You will also need to choose a new password. On the update password page, locate the input fields and enter the details in the appropriate fields. It is important to note that the password that you will choose must satisfy some requirements. These requirements are;
- Ensure the password has a minimum of one lower case letter
- Ensure the password has a minimum of one upper case letter
- Ensure the password has a minimum of one numeric character
- Ensure the password has a minimum of one special character UKZN Moodle The University of Kwazulu-Natal moodle is a platform that has all the services that students will need in one place. On the moodle platform, students will have the chance to get news about the university and do a whole lot including checking courses. You can also have the MYUKZN mobile app on the moodle platform. There is a calendar on the moodle platform and this will keep you abreast with dates. You also have the chance to see all announcements from the University of Kwazulu-Natal as well as guides on how to do some actions on the platform. There is also a chatbot feature on the platform.
In short, the University of Kwazulu-Natal moodle is a learning management system (LMS) that the University of Kwazulu-Natal uses to serve its students.
Things that you can do on the University of Kwazulu-Natal moodle include retrieving course notes, reading announcements, viewing, uploading, and completing academic assignments. Additionally, you can use the platform to evaluate academic staff.
How To Use UKZN Moodle
Although you can have a feel of the platform without logging in, you must log in to have a feel of the full features. To log in to the University of Kwazulu-Natal moodle, do the following;
- Visit the URL, https://moodle.ukzn.ac.za/.
- A login page will open and here you will be required to enter your email or username together with your password. These two details will be entered in their respective input fields and once you are done entering, proceed and click on the ‘Log in’ tab.
- On the same page, you will be able to retrieve your password or username if you have forgotten about it.