Are you looking for how to apply to the University of Johannesburg? Your dream to study at UJ is just a few steps away. We’re going to take you through UJ study application process for both UJ online application and UJ hardcopy paper application forms.
Now let’s get straight to the applications.
You can apply to UJ by two main application processes. They are online application and hardcopy application forms.
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible before closing of application date.
Applicants are advised, to use only one application format. It’s either you apply through online or hardcopy application forms.
Things You Need To Apply To UJ
These are few but essential requirements needed for the completion of your application to UJ.
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application.
- South African Student applicants will need a Senior Certificate or Senior National Certificate. International Student Applicants will need an equivalent certificate.
- South African Student applicants will provide Identity Card (ID Card). International Student applicants will need Passport Number.
Remember: The Grade 11/Grade 12 certificates are the Senior Certificate or the National Senior Certificate of South African Students.
UJ Online Application
Applicants who prefer to apply to UJ through online application portal should make sure they apply only through the official University of Johannesburg website.
Apply To UJ Through Online
- Visit UJ Online Application portal
- Read and understand the application instructions before filling the forms.
- Attach all copies of qualification requirements in a pdf format. (i.e certified copies of Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate.)
- Check and make necessary corrections before you click on the submit button to submit your application.
Note: UJ has different applications forms for various types of applicants. So, always make sure you’re applying with the study qualification you want to study at UJ. For example, Undergraduate or Postgraduate application.
Alright, let us now look at UJ hardcopy application forms.
UJ Hardcopy Application
The application requirements for hardcopy application forms are the same for that of online application.
How To Apply To UJ Using Hardcopy Application Forms.
- Applicants will download the application forms from UJ website.
- Applicants should read and understand the application instructions before filling the forms.
- Applicants should attach copies of all qualification requirement documents. These include Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate, ID card or Passport Number
- Submit the completed application to UJ
Submitting UJ Hardcopy Application Forms
Applicants can submit UJ hardcopy application forms through the university’s postal address.
Remember: Applicants should always make sure their application forms are complete and have provided all necessary qualification requirement documents before submitting the application forms.
UJ Postal Address
University of Johannesburg
P.O Box 524
UJ Application Fees
Applicants who apply through online application portal do not need to pay for application forms. But applicants who prefer to apply to UJ by hardcopy paper application forms will need to pay R200.
For more personal enquiries about UJ application fees, please visit University of Johannesburg
Important Reminder: We encourage student applicants to read further application instructions on applying to the University of Johannesburg before they start their application process.
UJ Residence Accommodation
Yes, UJ provides residence accommodation for students who want the on-campus residence accommodation.
However, applicants will need to apply for UJ residence accommodation only when they have successfully completed their study application either by online or hardcopy application forms.
These are all what it takes to apply to UJ for study admission
If applicant wants to contact UJ for personal enquiries on UJ application, they can do so through the below contact details.
Tel: +27 (0) 11 559 4555