In this article, we are showing you the application breakdown on how to apply to the University of Mpumalanga (UMP) for study admission. You are a few steps away to getting study admission at UMP in the context of the application.
Student study admission application to UMP comes in two ways. These are UMP online application, and UMP hardcopy paper application forms.
Note: As a UMP study applicant, it is advisable to do an early application and not wait untill UMP application closing dat.
Also, we advise applicants to use only one of the application formats at a time. This means applicants should choose between the online application and the hardcopy paper application forms to apply to UMP at a time. Under no circumstances should an applicant use both application formats to apply to UMP.
UMP Application Requirements
UMP student applicants will need these few but essential application requirements to complete UMP application.
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application.
- South African Student applicants will need a Senior Certificate or Senior National Certificate. International Student Applicants will need an equivalent certificate.
- South African Student applicants will provide Identity Card (ID Card). International Student applicants will need Passport Number.
Note: The Grade 11/Grade 12 certificates are the Senior Certificate or the National Senior Certificate of South African Students.
Remember: Applicants will write National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) for UMP admission.
Now that we know the basic UMP application instructions and requirements, let’s get to know the applications themselves.
UMP Online Application
The UMP online application is for student applicants who prefer to apply to UMP through the internet.
Note: Applicants should make sure they do the application through the official University of Mpumalanga website
How To Apply To UMP By Online Application
- Applicants will visit UMP Online Application website
- You should read and understand the application instructions before filling the forms.
- You will need to upload all copies of qualification requirements in a pdf format. (i.e certified copies of Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate.)
- Check and make necessary corrections before you click on the submit button to submit your application.
This is what it takes to do UMP online application. Let’s also look into the hardcopy paper application forms.
UMP Hardcopy Paper Application Forms.
UMP applicants can also choose to apply to UMP for study admission by hardcopy paper application forms.
Note: Applicants will need to download the application forms from the official UMP website.
How To Apply To UMP By Hardcopy Paper Application Forms.
- Applicants will download the application forms from UMP website.
- Applicants should read and understand the application instructions before filling the forms.
- Applicants should attach copies of all qualification requirement documents. These include Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate, ID card or Passport Number
- Submit the completed application to UMP
Submitting UMP Hardcopy Paper Application Forms
Applicants can submit UMP hardcopy paper application in person or by postal address after completion of filling the application forms and attaching all required documents.
UMP Mbombela Campus
C/r R40 And D725 Roads
UMP Application Fees
UMP has three categories of application fees for its student applicants.
- South African Student Applicants will pay a non-refundable application fee of R150
- Other African Countries Student Applicants will pay a non-refundable application fee of R350
- Countries outside Africa Student Applicants will pay a non-refundable application fee of R500.
UMP Residence Accommodation.
Applicants don’t have to worry about residence. UMP provides on-campus residence accommodation for students who prefer the university’s residence accommodation.
However, applicants will have to apply for UMP residence accommodation after being accepted to study at UMP.
These are all what applicants need to know to apply to University of Mpumalanga (UMP).
For more personal enquiries about UMP application, use the following contact details.