This article is the breakdown of the Wits online application (University of the Witwatersrand). After reading, you will know how to apply to WITS for study admission. Your dream to study at WITS is just a few steps away.
So, let us dive into the WITS application.
University of the Witwatersrand Application
Student applicants looking for how to apply to WITS can do so in two ways. These are WITS online application and hardcopy paper application forms.
Note: However, applicants can use only one of the application formats to apply to WITS for study admission.
Also, applicants should remember to apply as early as possible and not wait until the closing date of the WITS application.
WITS Application Requirements
WITS application requirements are few so, we advise applicants to realize how necessary the requirements are, and should be able to provide all so that, they can complete the WITS application
- As a WITS applicant, you’ll need an email address to complete the application.
- South African Student applicants will need a Senior Certificate or Senior National Certificate. International Student Applicants will need an equivalent certificate.
- South African Student applicants will need the Identity Card (ID Card). International Student applicants will need a Passport Number.
Note: The Grade 11/Grade 12 certificates are the Senior Certificate or the National Senior Certificate of South African Students
Perfect, now that we know the requirements needed to be able to apply to WITS, let’s look into the applications themselves.
WITS Online Application
The WITS online application portal is for student applicants who prefer to apply to WITS online.
Caution: Applicants who will use the WITS online application should make sure they are indeed applying to WITS through the university’s official online application portal website.
How To Apply To WITS Using Online Application
- Visit the University of the Witwatersrand Online Application portal
- Read and understand the application instructions before filling the forms.
- Upload all copies of qualification requirements in a pdf format. (i.e certified copies of Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate.)
- Check and make necessary corrections before you click on the submit button to submit your application.
Note: Applicants have the chance to apply to a maximum of three programs. There is no need to border of first or third choice and how to arrange them because they don’t matter. Just choose three programs of your choice and you’ll get one to study at WITS.
Now, let us also look into WITS hardcopy paper-based application forms.
WITS Hardcopy Paper Application
WITS hardcopy paper application requirements are the same as the requirements we listed earlier.
How To Apply To WITS Using Online Application Forms
- Applicants will download the application forms from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Applicants should read and understand the application instructions before filling out the forms.
- Applicants should attach copies of all qualification requirement documents. These include Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate, ID card or Passport Number, etc.
- Submit the completed application to WITS.
Submitting WITS Hardcopy Paper Application Forms
Applicants should always make sure they complete filling out all required information on the application forms before they submit their application.
Note: Applicants can submit WITS hardcopy application forms through WITS postal address.
WITS Postal Address
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
Private Bag 3
University of Witwatersrand Application Fees
- South African Student Applicants will pay a non-refundable application fee of R100
- International Student Applicants will pay a non-refundable application fee of R700
University of Witwatersrand Residence Accommodation
Student applicants of WITS can apply for residence accommodation which is on-campus resident accommodation.
Applicants can read how to apply for WITS residence accommodation from Apply WITS University Residence Accommodation
To know more about types of WITS on-campus residence accommodation, see WITS University Accommodation
These are the information that student applicants to WITS need.
For personal information about the WITS applications, applicants may visit the university’s website.
Alternatively, applicants can use the following WITS contact details
Tel: +27 (0)11 717 1888
Tel: +27 (0)11 717 1000
1 Jan Smuts Avenue,