Unisa Application – Are you a student and looking to enroll in the University of South Africa UNISA? In this article, we have outlined a step-by-step guide to help all applicants to submit their applications.
University of the Cape of Good Hope known widely as the University of South Africa since its establishment in 1873 has purposefully positioned itself to become one of the sought-after universities.
With a student population of 400,000 local and international from about 130 countries all over the world, the school which prides itself on comprehensive offers an array of vocational and academic programs recognized and accredited— a step closer to making employment in South Africa and any other country remotely easier.
UNISA will not humbly boast of the late Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela, Julius Malema, and Robert Mugabe amongst other revered persons as alums but will equally boast of the single fact that it is now the only mega university in South Africa with a massive online enrolment.
It is public, offers distance education, and is a mega university so if you are looking at not only acquiring knowledge but also a means to contribute your quota to the service of humanity, UNISA is your best dial.
UNISA Application Requirement
Just like every university, before any prospective applicant starts to apply with Unisa has a set of prerequisite requirements an applicant must obtain.
It is required of any person applying for UNISA admission to have;
- A copy of your school qualification that is Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate.
- If applicable, a copy of your official Tertiary academic records. Internet copies will be declined.
- A copy of your ID document if a South African and ID passport if an international student.
- If applicable, a copy of the marriage certificate or a divorce decree.
- If languages are not in English or Afrikaans, a sworn translation of the document is required.
What Do You Need To Apply
Before submitting an application even after meeting the admission requirement, make sure you have;
- You have met the statutory and college admission requirements for your qualification(s) of choice.
- You have met the minimum Academic Point Score (APS) for your qualification of choice.
- That you have a valid email address and an active phone number. Make sure to provide a single email address and an active cell number.
Before You Submit Documents, Make Sure;
- The file is not larger than 2MB or 2048KB.
- Files submitted should be in black and white.
- Only these types of files are accepted that is PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file).
How To Apply On Both Online/Offline To Unisa
Applicants, first-timers, or UNISA students commencing a new program are expected to submit all required documents before the due date. All admissions submitted later than this specified date will be rejected.
The university will not provide you with a scanner or any electronic device but ensure that all documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device even before starting the application process.
Applicants enrolling in Technical Vocational Education and Training (Tvet) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement should apply through the relevant TVET college or online through Unisa.
To get Unisa application form PDF and also apply online an applicant must visit Unisa’s website.
The application fee must be paid once an applicant receives a student number from UNISA.
As of November 2021, the fee for an online application was R120,00. The applicant then is required to use the student’s number they received from the university with the application fee reference (STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030).
The proof of payment should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For banking details, visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo
It must be noted that the closing date of payment of the application fee is the same as the due date of admission hence any document submitted without the payment of the application fee and its proof will not be processed.
If an application is not complete, you may have to wait and re-apply in the subsequent application period. Fees paid for the application are not refundable.
The registration processes for the first semester began on 4th January and close on 24th January 2022.
To register, log in to;
- Visit https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default/Apply-for-admission
- Choose your qualification and level.
- Click on the ‘Go’ link which takes you to the UNISA web registration page.
- Proceed after answering the questions.
- Enter student’s number and all other relevant details asked.
- Click the modules you want, making sure you don’t exceed your limit for the term.
- Calculate your study fees.
- Submit for evaluation.
You need these;
- Student’s Number
- Email address
- Note that you will be sent an email, traditional letter, or an SMS once your study materials have been posted. This will include a track and trace number of the parcel and the due arrival date.
UNISA application opened the online portal for the 2022-2023 academic year from 11th August 2021 through to 12th November 2021.
Late admission and slots will be announced if there are still available spaces for the academic year.
However, applications are still open for 2022 registrations of UNISA’s Short Learning Programmes which run from 13th September 2021 and will continue till 28th February 2022.
Note that, these programmes however focus on ‘just in time’ and ‘just enough to meet specific learning outcomes. For enquiries, click on email@example.com.
How To Download UNISA Prospectus
The Prospectus for UNISA’s 2022 undergraduate and postgraduate are available for download, printed or accessed online.
Unisa Online Application Status
To check Unisa application status, below are a few steps to aid an applicant to track their application status.
Step 1 – Visiting UNISA Website
Use your mobile phone or PC to visit https://www.unisa.ac.za/ which is UNISA’s official website, or you can access the application status page directly via https://myadmin.unisa.ac.za/unisa-studentstatus/default.do
Step 2 – Providing Details
Once the Unisa application status page has fully loaded, the applicant must provide their unique student number, surname, first name, and date of birth. Navigate your mouse cursor to continue and click on it. This would subsequently open a new page where an applicant would know their application status.