In this article, we are taking you through all the information needed during Tshwane University of Technology’s TUT online application for the 2022/2023 academic year.
One is good, two have always been regarded as better but three is simply above and beyond description, and the Tshwane University of Technology in South Africa perfectly connotes that. The university which rides on the popularity as a mega university came to be when three technikons
As of 2012, the university had enrolled 88,078 students. In all, the university is spread across eight campuses with an estimated 90, 000 student population making it the largest residential higher education institution in sunny South Africa.
Webometrics in 2010 ranked the university as the 15th best university in South Africa while clocking the 5662nd position world. In 2018, it again came 9th in the overall universities in South Africa. According to the Times Higher Education ranking of top universities in the world in 2022, TUT is at the eleventh position.
When it comes down to the university’s department of Journalism, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) has ranked it as one of the twelve Potential Centres of Excellence in Journalism Training in Africa.
The Tshwane University of Technology also known as TUT offers vocational programs as a three years diploma with options in advanced Diploma, Postgraduate, and Master’s and Doctorate Degrees. Popular Alums include Bongi Mbonambi, Fulu Mugovhani, Thabang Kamogelo Molaba plus more.
- Economics and Finance
- Engineering and the Built Environment
- Information and Technology Information
- Management Sciences
- The Arts
Although there may be some similarities between the admissions requirements for persons interested in enrolling in undergraduates, postgraduates, or doctorate programs, the university updates its requirement every other year.
This means that what may be required from applicants one academic year may be different from what will be required from another set of applicants another academic year. This equally means that under any of the listed programs are specified requirements.
Here are the requirements;
- A pass in English at the Senior Certificate level plus the minimum additional language as specified programs may require applicants first or home language status.
- Every course has its very own set of admission requirements.
- Applicants should be in the know that admission requirements of individual programs are liable to change.
- For some selected and categorized set of programs, it will be required of students to write admission to substantiate and determine if they will be offered the course they have chosen.
- All applicants are required to either one of the two subjects for NSC-G purposes. For chosen programs that require prior knowledge in the field otherwise, being literate in Mathematic alone is enough.
Postgraduate Diploma Requirement
- A Bachelor Degree
- Or admission to status of that degree
- Or an attained level of competence
- Advanced Diploma for entry into a postgraduate diploma if and only if Higher Education Qualification Framework requirements are met and this does not apply to all schools.
- Duration is a minimum of two consecutive semesters.
How To Apply To Tshwane University of Technology
Applications at TUT come in two folds thus the online or the manual or the hardcopy version. Before starting the application process, make sure you have;
- An active email address that you check constantly
- Calculate your APS by visiting https://www.tut.ac.za/heds/sds/career/aps-score
- A certified identification card for South African nationals and a passport for foreign or international applicants
- There will be no faxing of documents
- A National Senior Certificate or highest academic performance and administration fee before the closing date
TUT Online Application
- Click on https://www.tut.ac.za/ to download the online application forms
- Fill out and complete all the needed sections in full and these should be sent with all the required documents stated in the admission requirements
- Payment of R240 should be made to ABSA bank account number 04 000 000 3 and receipt of this should be added to documents. Note that this money is not refundable. Make sure never to use the above account number for any other payment
- Key in your identification number in the reference column
- Once the application is processed, you will be sent or given a unique number for identification purposes
- If you are unable to apply online, you can download the forms, fill them out and submit them manually. Here is an address; Staatsartillerie Rd, Pretoria West, Pretoria, 0183, South Africa.
- Application for the 2021/2022 academic year opened on April 1st 2021 and closed on September 30th 2021. Application for the 2022/2023 academic year has been opened.
- All applicants MUST note that all late applications will only be accepted and admission granted if and only if there are available slots for those qualifications
Apply To TUT Via Hardcopy Paper-based System
Important Things To Reminder
- Do not pay your application fee online or through email.
- Always make sure you downloaded the application forms from the TUT website or / you can go to the nearest TUT office and pick up application forms.
- Make sure you attach certified copies of all necessary required documents for the application.
- TUT will require you to write admission qualification National Benchmark Test. (NBT) before giving you admission into the school
Undergraduate Courses Offered at TUT
Faculty of Economics and Finance
- National Higher Certificate: Accountancy
- National Diploma: Accounting
- National Diploma: Cost And Management Accounting
- National Diploma: Economic Management Analysis
- National Diploma: Finance And Accounting (Public)
- National Higher Certificate: Financial Information Systems
- National Diploma: Financial Information Systems
- National Diploma: Internal Auditing
- National Diploma: Local Government Finance
The application fee is R240 and it should come with the application forms. Applicants must note that this fee when paid is not refundable even when your admission is rejected. Payment of this fee can be made via the bank, electronic transfer, or postal order.
Registration at TUT
Online registration for new students is slated for 21st January 2022 and ends on 9th February 2022. For senior students, it starts on February 10th, 2022, and closes on 25th 2022.
Application for the 2022/2023 academic year has been opened from April 1st, 2022 to September 30th, 2022.
The Tshwane University of Technology has made available its prospectus which can be downloaded and printed.
- Undergraduate prospectus- Download PDF
- Postgraduate prospectus- Download PDF
- International prospectus- Download PDF
Does TUT Have Residence For Students?
Yes, TUT has residence for applicant students who want TUT to provide them with accommodation services. However, you will need to apply for a residence at TUT before you get accommodation space.
Apply For TUT Residence
You should know that you can only apply for residence at TUT only after you have successfully submitted your application to study at TUT.
Below are contact details you may want to have for further and personal inquiries on how to apply to TUT through both email and telephone numbers.
Tel: 086 110 2421