Are you trying to know how to apply to Nelson Mandela University? (NMU). We get you covered. We are going to take you through the NMU application breakdown to your understanding of both NMU online and hardcopy application forms.
This means, you are few steps away to study at NMU in the context of NMU application.
NMU has two main study application processes for student applicants who seek to study at the university. They are the online application portal and the hardcopy paper-based application forms.
Note: Applicants are encouraged to do early application and not wait till the closing of application date.
We also advise applicants, to use only one application format. It’s either you apply to NMU by online or hardcopy application forms. Applicants must not use both application formats.
Things You Need To Apply To NMU
These are few but essential requirements needed for the completion of your application to NMU.
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application.
- South African Student applicants will need a Senior Certificate or Senior National Certificate. International Student Applicants will need an equivalent certificate.
- South African Student applicants will provide Identity Card (ID Card). International Student applicants will need Passport Number.
Note: The Grade 11/Grade 12 certificates are the Senior Certificate or the National Senior Certificate of South African Students.
Remember: NMU no longer make applicants write National Benchmark Test (NBT), so applicants are advised to make sure their Grade 11/Grade 12 qualifies them to apply to NMU.
Now, that we know the basic requirements, let’s get to NMU online application first.
Applying To NMU Using Online Application Format
We advised applicants to always make sure they are applying to NMU through the official Nelson Mandela University website.
How To Apply To NMU Using Online Application Format
- Visit the Nelson Mandela University Online Application portal
- Read and understand the application instructions before filling the forms.
- Attach all qualification requirements documents in a pdf format. (i.e certified copies of Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate.)
- Check and make necessary corrections before you click on the submit button to submit your application.
Note: Applicants should know that some programmes at NMU have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty-specific requirements.
Read for clarity on Further NMU Online Application Guidelines
Well, let’s turn to NMU hardcopy papa application forms.
NMU Hardcopy Application Forms
Note: Applicants will need to download the hardcopy application forms from NMU website.
Once you have the hardcopy application forms, you can fill, but with care to avoid mistakes since hardcopy paper-based application forms do not come with autocorrect to prompt you of your mistakes.
Remember: NMU hardcopy paper application forms are only meant for undergraduate student applicants.
NMU Hardcopy Application Requirements
The requirements for NMU hardcopy paper application are the same as the ones needed and used for the online application.
How to Apply To NMU Using Hardcopy Paper Application
- Applicants will download the application forms from NMU website.
- Applicants should read and understand the application instructions and fill the forms.
- Applicants should attach copies all qualification requirement documents. These include Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate, ID card or Passport Number
- Submit the completed application to NMU
Note: Applicants can submit NMU hardcopy application forms only through NMU postal address.
NMU Postal Address
The Admission Office
P.O. Box 77000
Nelson Mandela University
NMU Application Fee
South African Students applicants do not pay for application.
However, International Student applicants will need to pay a fee of R500.
NMU Application Payment Details
Applicants have the option to either pay application fee by bank transfer or online credit card.
NMU Bank Details
Account Name: Nelson Mandela University – Main
Bank Name: Stanley Street
Bank Address: Rink Street, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Internet Banking Code: 051001
Account Number: 080263011
Bank Swift Code: SBZA ZAJJ
Reference: 5350 4605 & Student Name
Note: We advise applicants to recheck and verify NMU bank details before proceeding to make any form of payment to NMU. You can check them from this link Nelson Mandela University Application Fee Payments
NMU Residence Accommodation
Applicants will need to apply for NMU on-campus resident accommodation.
Applicants may want to check the various NMU housing and residence accommodation from here NMU Student And Housing Accommodation webpage
These are all what it takes to apply to NMU for study admission
If applicant wants to contact NMU for personal enquiries on NMU application, they can do so through the below contact details
Tel: (041) 504 1111
We wish you good luck in your study application to NMU.