Wondering how to apply for correctional services learnership? Worry your head not as we have outlined every single detail an applicant would need to aid their Correctional Services Learnership application.
What are correctional services?
Correctional services incorporate the anticipation of crimes through government offices that are arranged and methodically coordinated and intentional associations whose exercises are less planned. The aim of these organizations is to change and restore an offender. The organization contributes towards keeping up with and securing an equitable, tranquil, and safe society by confining all detainees in safe care while guaranteeing that their human nobility is regarded.
Correctional Services Learnership
Correctional services learnership gives an individual an incredible open door. This is a decent advance for every individual who needs to master new abilities and foster a vocation. When successful in the application process, an individual receives training towards a full qualification and the good thing about this is that there is no fee involved. When you register for the program, you even give a stipend at the end of the month and this amount is hugely dependent on the academic level of the program. The program offers an individual the opportunity to;
- Get access to free learning and better job opportunities
- Earn while he or she learns
- Get into the service and also get a formal qualification
Also during your training, you would be physically performing tasks that are learned in the classroom and applied at the workplace. This will help you to fish out things that you don’t understand in order to work on them before you complete your training.
One huge advantage of the program is that what you learn is not just for the particular job and the training also forms part of a higher qualification that you can study further in the future.
Correctional Services Learnership Requirements
Just like any other job opportunity, you must meet certain requirements. These requirements are classified into minimum requirements and ‘advanced’ requirements. Check out these two requirements below;
The minimum requirements are;
- Be a South African citizen
- Be in possession of a Standard 10/Grade 12 Certificate
- Be in possession of a Further Education and Training Certificate NQF (Level 4)
- Successfully completing the National Certificate in Vocational Studies (NQF Level 4).
Other requirements you must meet are;
- The individual must be between the ages of 21 and 35.
- The individual should not have any criminal record and if by any possibility you have a criminal argument forthcoming against you, you should do well to give every one of the subtleties during your application.
- You need to have a solid person and preference will be given to candidates who have extra capabilities. Examples of such capabilities are a Trade or Occupational-based Certificate, Diploma, or Degree identified with Security.
Correctional Services Learnership 2022 Application Form
Any individual who is keen on applying for the Correctional Services Learnership program 2021 should initially meet the necessity. When the individual meets the prerequisite, then, at that point the person in question can be guaranteed that their application can be effective. The South African Department of Correctional Services (DCS) gives the road that offers individuals from various areas inside South Africa the Correctional Services leadership opportunity.
These programs form part of the government’s National Skills Development Strategy. The procedure is to make abilities just as facilitating destitution and joblessness.
As referenced before, the DCS Leadership program is available to people with the essential capabilities as these people are needed to contemplate more enthusiastically to accomplish the Further Education and Training (FET) Certificate.
The program comprises both hypothetical and functional preparation and it spins around how to contribute to the rehabilitation of prisoners. When at the training center, you will be taken through how to carry out your mandatory duties through correction and human improvement coldhearted, secure and safe detainment or under the local area-based correctional supervision.
In fact, this program gives an individual the opportunity to learn the skills whiles gaining the required knowledge, acceptable workplace behavior, and attitude that is required in the correctional services.
At the end of every month, each trainee will earn a stipend of not less than R3 500 per month for the duration of the program.
Before you can become a trainee, you must first apply and you must do so by filling and submitting the required documents to support your application.
The application form can be acquired in person or electronically. When you want to use the in-person approach, you must visit any Correctional Services Office. If by chance you want to get the form electronically, you can download it from the Department of Correctional Services website using the URL www.dcs.gov.za and visiting the Forms Tab.
When using the electronic approach, kindly locate the ‘Forms’ tab at the top or bottom of the webpage and click on it.
Proceed to click on the Internship/Learnership Application Forms link.
Click on the Learnership Application Form link for the form to automatically get downloaded to your device.
Things to do when submitting your application;
- Bear in mind that, you must indicate the learnership position that you are applying for in your application.
- Make sure that you sign the application form yourself
- Attach certified copies of your certificates and Identity Document
Do not do these things;
- Never submit your applications late and unsigned as they will be outrightly rejected.
- Never submit photocopied forms
- Never fax or e-mail the forms as you are required to send them by post using the address provided or delivered in person at the nearest correctional office.
During your training, an individual will be liable for their own convenience, transport, and supper costs so it is energetically suggested that you apply for the program in the Region or Management Area nearest to where you reside.
Correctional Services Learnership 2022 Closing Date
The correctional services learnership closing date is March 12, 2022.
Who is a Correctional officer
Correctional officers are people who ensure the enforcement of rules and regulations in a prison or a correctional facility. These officers provide safety and security at these facilities. Due to their high level of operation, correctional officers need special skills. These skills allow correctional officers to complete their job responsibilities and duties with ease and also to the maximum. Some of the skills needed by correctional officers are;
- being resilient
- be a good communicator
- be open-minded
- have a good stress management skills
- be self-disciplined
- be analytic and also be a good team player
- have great problem-solving and observational skill
- be physically fit and extremely dedicated
- be decisive