Seeking a job can be one of the most grueling jobs any individual can take up. What makes it a lot easier sometimes is when there is a platform or a channel that makes it easier for the unemployed to direct their focus to land themselves a deserving job. That is what the GPG Professional Job Center sets out to achieve.
This article will help all those seeking jobs to find prospective jobs all by getting online and following a set of specific processes.
What Is GPG Professional Job Center
GPG stands for the Gauteng Provincial Government and the professional job center aims to provide satisfactory jobs for people pinned on economic growth. It ensures efficient, effective, and developed-based public service.
Once registered, it is expected from GPG to provide a space for the employees in a way that hones their set of skills and expertise.
GPG Professional Job Center Requirements
For any prospect to land himself or herself any available job under the auspices of the Gauteng Professional Job Center, there are some basic requirements they ought to have to stand a chance of benefiting from the GPG. Listed below are the basic requirements.
- Anyone applying should make sure they are first and foremost South African or comes from South Africa
- The application has to come with a Grade 12 to show that the applicant has indeed had that level of educational qualification
- One other important requirement is an email address and a unique password. The applicant must make sure this password is simple but as well uncommon to make it hard for anyone to guess it
- If the applicant has any criminal record whatsoever, they should forget about applying because it outrightly discourages them
- The applicant should have a certified South African Identification card. This should be handy in case it is needed
- When applying, the applicant should have their certified version of their matric certificates
- Additionally, applicants must make ready all other available qualifications
- All the true copies of the applicant’s certificates and documents should not be more than three months old
- Before an applicant applies for a job listing or vacancy, they need to make sure they have registered and have a profile
- Applicants must note that they ought to scan all documents. This will be done everytime they apply for a job or new listing
- Questions asked should be answered with all honesty as they will equally be asked these same questions during the interview and differential answers will bring them a problem
- If an applicant does not submit their application before the deadline, they would have to wait to apply next time because a late application is frowned upon and not accepted
- When applying, make sure you meet the requirements before applying. If you do not, you are better off not applying at all
- In a case where the applicant does not receive any feedback from GPG three months following the closing date, they should bear in mind that their application was not accepted
Steps To Register With GPG
To register with the Gauteng Provincial Government and job center, the applicant needs to go through these processes to have themselves registered on the platform.
- First and foremost, click on this link https://www.sabase.co.za/gpg-professional-job-center/ which directs you to the GPG website
- Once there, click on the category labeled Register. This can be seen at the top left side of the page
- A page pops up where basic questions are asked. This includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and password amongst other basic information
- The next to do is to confirm whether the password chosen is the right fit
- After you are done with that, key in your username. Applicants should bear in mind that the ID number is typically their South African Identification number or passport number
- The next cause of action is choosing a security question and providing an answer to it. This is very essential to the process because if by any chance the applicant forgets their password, they could recover it by answering the security question right
- Once all of the above is done, applicants must take time to go through everything to make sure what they have keyed in is nothing but the truth
- If the applicant is satisfied with everything, he or she can click on save and continue
How To Apply For A Job on GPG
To apply for any job at all on the GPG platform, all that the applicant needs to do is to follow these easy steps.
- Click on this link https://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ to redirect you to the GPG professional jobs website
- Once you are on the website, you can log in to your profile by keying in your username and unique password which is your identification number or passport number
- If the correct password and username are keyed in, you can now search for jobs using the search bar. This allows you to look for jobs across departments
- Otherwise, the applicants can browse for jobs which gives the option of searching for jobs within a specified department
- The results that will pop up will be detailed, showing applicants the type of job they are applying for, the annual salary, the reference number for the job, and the closing date
- When the applicant clicks on view, it takes them to the full details and description of the job and the requirements they ought to have before they proceed to apply for it
- If an applicant is certain that they qualify for a particular job, they should go ahead and click on ‘apply’. They will be able to fill the application form with their information right online
- Applicants must note that the application form is quite lengthy to fill but believably if an applicant is truly interested and serious about the job in question, they will take their time to fill it out to the very latter
- When all is said and filled out, the applicant can now proceed to submit their application form
- An applicant is lucky when he or she receives an SMS with a unique reference number from GPG. This confirms that their application was successful
- Under no circumstance will GPG accept late admissions. In light of these, applicants are advised to apply on time to make sure they beat application deadlines
- Applicants should make sure to upload all of their educational certificates and any other certificates they have in their possession exactly at the point where they are applying
- Although it is expected for people to apply for jobs even when they do not qualify with hopes that a miracle will happen, applicants are advised to only apply for jobs they very well know that they have the skillset for and are adept in
- The waiting period to receive feedback from GPG is three months that is after the closing date. If for any reason at all you do not receive any message from them, then you can be rest assured that your application was not a successful one
GPG 2022 Vacancies
- Job- Nursing officer
Salary- R 125,000.00 – 1,057,326.00 Yearly
Location- West Rand, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Akasia, Sebokeng
Qualification- Diploma or Degree, Grade 12, Matric
Closing Date- 11th May 2022
- For a list of all vacancies with its associated job description, kindly click on this link https://southafrica.governmentjobs.guru/gpg-director-vacancies-za/
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Have I Never Been Called For An Interview Although I Always Apply For Jobs?- GPG has specifically asked applicants to make sure that, when applying for a job using their platform, they should make sure that, they have the said qualification and set skills before applying, otherwise, they may never get in
- I Don’t Know How To Follow Up On GPG- To know how far gone your application is, you just have to dial 0860 011 000. Choose the Human Resource option. Follow prompts to key in your unique reference number and you will have access to your application status.
- How Do I Know My Application Has Been Accepted– After completing the application form, an SMS will be sent to you with a unique reference number. That is proof that your application was successfully accepted. If you fail to receive that after three months, it means the application was not successful