Are you wishing to get admission to study at the University of Cape Town (UCT)? Then you are humbly welcome to this in-depth guide on how to apply to UCT. You are about to discover the online application process and hardcopy paper-based application forms. Your dream to study at UTC is just a few steps away.
What to Know Before You apply for UCT
- Applicants are advised to apply in time to avoid catching up with application closing date.
- South Africa Student applicants will pay the application fee of R100 while Foreign student applicants will pay an application fee of R300 (application fees are non-refundable)
- Applicants will need the necessary qualification documents. i.e. ID and Passport Number.
- Applicants should be able to provide Senior Certificate/National Senior Certificate
Now that we have a fair idea of the basic requirements; let’s begin with UCT online application.
UCT Online Application
Applicants are advised to ensure that, they are actually applying through the official website of UCT online application portal. UCT does not use external agents of any kind of online application platform aside UCT website.
Apply To UCT Via Online
Note: UCT applicants are required to write a National Benchmark Test (NBT) before applying for admission.
These are must have basic requirement to help you have access to apply to UCT via online.
- You will need a valid email address. If you don’t have, you will need to create one before you continue your application.
- You will need your identification document. (South African Student will provide their ID Card whiles foreign student applicant will have to provide a valid Passport Number.)
- Scanned copies of application requirement documents i.e. Grade 11 certificate or Grade 12 certificate for South Africa Student applicants, and equivalent qualification certificate for foreign students applicants
- You must not fax any of your documents.
- As an applicant, you should read through the application forms thoroughly to avoid errors in filling your application form.
- You should check the faculty-specific requirement before applying for your preferred course of study.
Since UCT qualification for application differs from criteria courses, you should check if you meet the UCT application eligibility requirement for your preferred course of study.
You now know the requirement and processes for UCT online application.
Let’s get to the hardcopy paper-base UCT application.
UCT Hardcopy Paper-base Application
The hardcopy paper-based application can be accessed by student applicants who find it difficult to apply online for whatever reason, or personally prefer hardcopy paper-based application forms.
However, applicants must download the application forms only from UCT website. UCT Application Forms.
Note: Application requirement for UCT hardcopy paper-base are the same as that of the online application.
However, applicants are advised to not submit their application forms through fax. Instead they must submit application through UCT postal addresses.
Below are UCT postal addresses that student applicants can submit their application forms through.
UCT Postal Addresses
University of Cape Town
c/o Bremner Building Lower Campus
Or Student Applicants can submit their application in person to;
University of Cape Town
UCT Residence Accommodation
Applicants should not worry about where to stay to study if admitted. UCT provides residence accommodation for both local and foreign students.
UCT even provides vacation residents accommodation with few extra fees.
However, students’ applicants must apply for UCT residence accommodation before UCT can provide them the service.
Read UCT Residence Accommodation for further information.
Application Fees Payment Process
UCT has official payment handbook for all type of UCT payments. Check the UCT Payment Handbook for further information on application fees payment.
Alternatively, Applicants may prefer to contact UCT admission office for further enquiries on;
Tel: +27 (0)21 650 2128
Tel: +27 (0)21 650 1704
Fax: +27 (0)21 650 4768
Tel: +27 (0)21 650 2207
Fax: +27 (0)21 650 5093
Contact UCT via email
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel:021 650 2128