Let’s make this simple. Once you’ve jumped onto this article, it means you are looking to know how to apply to the University of the Free State (UFS), and that is what this article is here for. You will know how to apply for UFS either online or hardcopy paper-based applications.
Let’s see this first.
UFS Application In Simple Words Breakdown
In applying for UFS admission, applicants are advised to do so as early as possible. Applicants should know that there are two different application forms for UFS admission. They are Undergraduate and Postgraduate application forms. Applicants, therefore, should always ensure they are applying to UFS with the forms of the qualification they want to pursue at UFS.
Hurray!!! There is no application fee for UFS student application.
Alright, let’s get to the application itself.
UFS Online Application
Note these before you apply for UFS admission online.
- Applicants will need an email address to complete the application
- South Africans students will need to provide their Senior Certificate/ National Senior certificate which is the Grade 11 or Grade 12 certificates. Foreign student applicants will need to provide an equivalent qualification certificate for UFS application.
- South African student will need to provide ID Number, whiles foreign student applicant will need to provide Passport Number.
- Scan all necessary required documents so that they are ready for uploads.
How To Apply To UFS Through Online
Note: Student applicants should only apply to UFS through the official UFS website, University of The Free State. UFS does not have any other external or agent website for admission application except the official UFS website.
- Make sure you have read and understood carefully the instructions before filling you begin to fill the forms.
- Make sure you attach all required documents. i.e. scanned Grade 11 or Grade 12 certificate.
- Make sure you correct all mistakes before you click on the submit button.
We now know how to apply to UFS via online application. Let’s consider applying to UFS by hardcopy paper-base application forms.
UFS Hardcopy Paper-base Application.
Note: Applicants can only get the application forms directly from the Information desk at the Thakaneng Bridge.
What You Need To Apply To UFS by Hardcopy Paper Base
- South Africans students will need to attach certified copies of Senior Certificate/ National Senior certificate which are the Grade 11 or Grade 12 certificates. Foreign student applicants will need to attach equivalent qualification certificate for UFS application.
- South African student will need to attach certified copies of ID Number whiles foreign student applicants will need to attach certified copy of Passport Number.
How To Apply To UFS Using Hardcopy Paper-base Forms
- Make sure you fill the application forms completely.
- Make sure you correct all errors in filling the forms.
- Attach all required documents to the application forms.
- All attached documents must be certified copies.
Submitting Application Forms.
Applicants should submit the complete application forms with required documents only through UFS postal address.
Note: Application forms are not to be faxed.
Below is UFS postal address to send application forms through.
University of the Free State
Private Bag X13
UFS Resident Accommodation
UFS provides resident accommodation for prospective students. However, applicants will need to apply for UFS resident accommodation.
Apply For UFS Resident Accommodation
Applicants will need to fill UFS resident accommodation forms. In submitting the form, applicants can use the UFS postal address.
If for any reason applicants want to contact UFS on how to apply to UFS, they can do so through the contact details below.
Tel: 051 401 9111
Applicants can also go the UFS in person for in-depth information on anything; about UFS. They can also read more information on UFS website