This article talks about how to register Central Supplier Database (CSD), the step-by-step guide for CSD login.
What Is CSD?
CSD simply stands for the Central Supplier Database implemented in South Africa on September 1st, 2015. This database is a singular database that has the sole responsibility of sourcing and supplying all information that has to do with suppliers to all organs of the state.
Once this information reaches the organs of the state, they are verified by institutions like the South African Revenue Service, the Companies, and Intellectual Property Commission, and the Department of Home Affairs amongst others.
What Is The Purpose Of The CSD?
- The sole purpose of the Central Supplier Database is to make sure that it reduces duplication in terms of cost and effort for the supplier and the government.
- The Central Supplier Database also sees to the precise enabling of electronic procurement processes
- When it comes down to the government of South Africa, the CSD maintains a specific database for different organizations, institutions, and all individuals capable of rendering services and providing goods to the government
Who Must Register With CSD?
If you are looking to conduct any sort of business that deals with supplying in South Africa, you are advised strongly to register with the Central Supplier Database. This means that every Tom, Dick and Harry interested in supplying business can register with the CSD. And yes, individuals can equally register with the CSD if they are interested in the supplier business.
Why You Should Register With CSD
You may be asking yourself why there is a need for you to register with the Central Supplier Database. Well, here is why;
- Tenders are required by the government to be registered on the Central Supplier Database
- Additionally, once you are registered with the CSD, your email address, cellphone number, and banking details are all verified by the government
How Do I Know I Am Registered On CSD?
It is quite simple to find out if you are registered on the Central Supplier Database. Once you have successfully registered online. You can now visit the official website of CSD and log into your self portal here https://secure.csd.gov.za/Account/Login with your unique password and username to find out your status.
How Much Does CSD Cost?
You are likely to pay between R350 and more or less for CSD registration. Also, for CIDB registration, you could be paying R450, more or less.
How Long Does It Take To Be Registered On CSD?
Typically, it takes three to seven working days for the registration process to be completed. It must be noted that this span is only limited to compliant applicants.
Does CSD Registration Expire?
The direct answer is that the Central Supplier Database registration does not expire. However, to be able to apply for tenders, you must make sure that your tax compliance is up to date.
Where Can I Register For CSD?
Since it is an online process, an applicant will have to visit the official website of CSD if they want to register to be CSD. Here is a link to the website https://secure.csd.gov.za/Account/Register
Things Needed For CSD Registration- Online
- An active email address
- An active cellphone number
- Personal information like your name, age, etc
- Identification details
How To Register On CSD- Online
To register to be on the Central Supplier Database, follow these steps;
- First and foremost, you will have to visit the official website of the CSD at https://secure.csd.gov.za/
- Once there, click on register to proceed
- Clicking on register directs you here https://secure.csd.gov.za/Account/Register where you will be required to key in personal information
- Once everything is correctly keyed in and a password has been created, go through it and click on register to register
- To find out if your registration was successful, click on this link https://secure.csd.gov.za/Account/Login to log into your self portal
How To Create A CSD Online
Now that you have registered for the CSD on their official website and you have your self portal, you can go ahead and apply to CSD. Here are the steps to follow;
- Visit the official CSD website here https://secure.csd.gov.za/Home/RegistrationProcess
- Once there, you can now register a new CSD account
- An email will then be sent to you with an activation link. This means that you have to make sure that the email you use for registration is active
- To activate your account, you will have to request an OTP and enter it once you have it
- Now login into your account to fill and complete the tax information form
- Proceed to complete the bank form by filling in your details
- Add your address, contact information, industry classification information, your supplier identification information, your directors and members information, and a list of associations, commodities information, a list of your accreditations, maintenance users
- Also, add the organs of the state accessed and verified CSD supplier information and a CSD supplier number and a unique registration reference
- After all of these are done, go through the information you have entered for mistakes and click on submit if you are certain the information entered is correct
What Is CSD Registration Number?
The CSD registration number as the name suggests is a number that is given to individuals, companies, and organizations that have registered with the database. This number is unique and no two numbers are the same. It makes it legal for these individuals and companies to apply for tenders.
How Can I Check My/ Company CSD Status?
To check whether you are registered on CSD or not, visit the official website of the CSD here https://secure.csd.gov.za/. Proceed by clicking on https://secure.csd.gov.za/Account/Login. Then you can log in to check your status.
To check if a company is registered with CSD, you have to follow the same process.
What Are CSD Tenders?
The CSD Tenders are an initiative that was birthed by the National Treasury. It is made up of a database of organizations, institutions and companies that have an interest in providing goods and services to the government.
How To Apply To CSD Tenders- Steps
- You must make sure you search for a government tender that will be relevant to your business
- As you are searching for the tender, ensure that the tender you choose is a job that your business will be able to complete to the latter
- Proceed to register with the Central Supplier Database or CSD
- Have all relevant company documentation available
- Make sure you fill out your tender application early to beat the deadline
- National support: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 012 406 9222
- Eastern Cape: email@example.com/ 051 403 3283
- Gauteng: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 011 689 8572
- KwaZulu Natal: email@example.com/ 080 020 1049
- Limpopo: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 015 291 8715
- Mpumalanga: email@example.com/ 013 766 4226
- North West: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 018 388 4226
- Northern Cape: email@example.com/ 053 802 5212/13/14/15
- Western Cape: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 021 400 1045